and count up all the fun SFOC statistics for this year that I could and share them with you! I used my calendar and our guest book and was amazed and what we came up
with! Especially considering we were a team of three and then two full time staff this year! The Lord has truly blessed our work.
I stuck to the numbers I could prove,
so some say “over” or “more then” cuz the number is actually way higher but I couldn’t prove it on paper. I hope you enjoy this list and we are so grateful for your partnership and friendships this year!
San Francisco Outer Circle 2014 Statistics:
This year we have:
- Served over 1680 people pancakes in golden gate park
- Trained 3 new Bible study facilitators
- Served thousands of pancakes at the Rainbow Gathering and created a partnership with 3 other Christian kitchens
- Helped 4 friends into rehab
- Hosted and trained 9 short term interns
- Assisted 9 friends in transitioning into housing
- 15 friends began to get to know Jesus, started attending church and coming to bible studies and small groups.
- 1 local leader came on staff
- 5 local pastors began to partner with us in serving our homeless friends
- 3 friends radically committed their lives to Jesus
- Celebrated birthdays, sobriety anniversaries, memorials and holidays together with homeless friends
- Housed over 75 guests at our house for short term and emergency stays
- 1 hair stylist came to the park and cut hair
- 3+ friends chose not to commit suicide
- We baptized 1 friend
- Helped 5 homeless friends reconnect with their family and move back home
- Let at least 98 people borrow a cell phone to call home for the first time in a very long time.
- Mediated complicated dynamics between 3 homeless friends and their family members.
- Visited 3 friends in the Hospital
- Shared way over 100 home cooked meals in our living room with homeless friends
- Visited 1 friend in jail
- Helped create 2 new videos- http://www.innerchange.org/category/tags/photo-video
- Hosted InnerChange’s Apprenticeship and SummerXChange Orientations
- Collected 98 surveys on homeless issues
- Began a new prayer and worship time in the park and a new Bible study at a Christ Church which is hospitable to and led by both housed and our un housed friends.
- Took lots of fun new pictures- https://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Francisco-Outer-Circle-InnerChange/63915111179
- Connected with three families who were willing to host homeless friends in transition and disciple them!
- And had thousands of conversations with homeless friends old and new!
We are so grateful to the Lord for such an incredible year and excited for the one to come!!!